Ballet Talk for Dancers
slhogan

Programs with Male (not coed) Morning Technique

slhogan

I know there are a lot of quality ballet training programs that have coed (mixed male/female) morning technique classes. But, some boys prefer to be in an all-male morning technique class.

I wondered if anyone would help me make a list of YEAR-ROUND (not SI) pre-professional training programs where the guys generally do not take ballet class with the girls. By pre-professional, I mean students who are at the advanced level (around 15-18 years old).

Feel free to list both the schools that you know DO have male-only morning technique as well as the schools that you know DO NOT.

Here's what I know so far:

MALE ONLY: Houston Ballet, Miami City Ballet

COED: Joffrey (Chicago)

ascballerina

Male only: Royal Winnipeg Ballet School (it is co-ed in Level 1 only; after that male-only classes with male teachers)

tentative

Boston and San Francisco are male only at the highest levels. I was pretty sure PNB also had male only classes.

Pennsylvania Ballet has coed with some men's classes during ladies pointe. It looks like KC Ballet is offering more men's only classes, but there are some days still combined.

vaganovagirl

Kirov Academy: all male classes taught by male instructor

vrsfanatic

For the more advanced young men, Harid now offers male only classes.