Ballet Talk for Dancers

Training and 'Nutcracker'' dilemma

maltucher

Hello! So I already go to a school in Beacon but I really want to do Nutcracker next year, and my school does not offer that. The Westchester Ballet Company does a production of the Nutcracker and dancers must attend at least one class a week at their school Logrea Dance Academy. This is doable since Logrea is only about 30-40 minutes from where I live. Also, I know that Greenwich Ballet Academy does a nutcracker as well. I am additionally interested in their partnering class. The only thing is they are around 40-50 minutes away from me. I can't decide between these two studios! Also, is it crazy to be at more than one studio? Logrea has more information on their website, and it could be manageable for me to do one class their and the nutcracker because nutcracker rehearsals are only on weekends. But from what I can see Greenwich is a really professional and serious school.

• Administrators

We cannot answer that question, maltucher. We don't know the schools involved, nor how your current studio would feel about your attending classes at another school. I would suggest that you talk to your teacher or school director.