Ballet Talk for Dancers

DIY Ballet Barre

Tealxie

I'm looking to build a barre for use at home. I'm in university and living with my parents so I don't have a lot of room. I was browsing around a few days ago and I found this tutorial.

Has anyone tried something like this? In my classes we have a proper barre so this would just be for stretching and casual practice. Also it's only for me so I was thinking of omitting the bottom barre. I think I'm flexible enough to stretch front, side, and in arabesque on a standard barre height. If anyone has any tips or experience of their own please share! :)

Edited by dancemaven
Removed link to personal blog entry per BT4D Rules and Policies.

The link was removed per Rules and Policies.

There have been numerous threads on building barres and portable barres. If interested, please feel free to do a search. :)

I built one myself using threaded galvanized steel poles, 2-90's, and 2 - T's at the legs. I think it cost me about $55. Got it all at Home Depot. Very sturdy and easy to move about the house. If you want me to email you better instructions, just let me know back and I will give you my email address (if that's allowed).