Ballet Talk for Dancers

sun king dance 2018

makuru

Sun King Dance has announced the tentative schedule for the Richmond camps: June 17-23 & August 12-18.  See their website: sunkingdance.com for updates and details.  As a participant in 3 of the camps, I can assure you this is an interesting and valuable experience.

Awesome.  I've been looking (and asking) for their 2018 dates for a while!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sun King Dance has just posted some further information about their camps and workshop.  See their website: sunkingdance.com for the latest.  Great experience overall.  Looking forward to attending again this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to go to this for years now! I might have opportunity finally this year to attend in June. I am contemplating doing the shorter day to make it more economical...

Would love to get on pointe again (I think lol) is there a beginning pointe class option? "11:30 – 1:00 pm Men’s class, Pointe, Pirouettes, Variations"

Does anyone know what the "performance class" is. I see it is an optional $75 to add.

• 1 month later...
silvergreydancer

Christina,

Do not wait! You will miss out on the fabulous training offered. Besides, I'll be there!lol  If you are doing short day it is in addition to the short day classes. You Learn p piece to perform. Performance day is Friday. If you have the stamina to do it, try the all ballet instead.

I have been wanting to attend for years and finally when I could go to the Vancouver WA location they decided not to hold it. Still waiting..... :wink:

I'd absolutely love to go - it's just SO expensive if you are coming from the other side of the pond!