Jump to content
Ballet Talk for Dancers to close Ă—
Ballet Talk for Dancers

What is the name of this step?


Recommended Posts

Hello! I have a step naming question. What do you call it when your leg is in retire, and you lower your foot directly to a "tendu position," without lifting it higher first? (So it's not a develope.) Thanks so much. 🙂

Link to comment

Could you call it developpé a terre?

It seems to me, that you can't lower your foot elegantly from retiré to a the end of the tendu movement (I was taught that tendu is a movement not a position) without a small developpé movement. It's a typical movement in adage when the supporting leg fondus at the same time as the working leg folds out to the a terre position, isn't it?

Link to comment

But I see Ms Leigh’s logic. Giving the instruction, you’d say “From retiré, lower your foot to tendu”. That would be very clear. 

Link to comment

Thank you.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...