Ballet Talk for Dancers
Mariska

Berlin State Ballet School

Mariska

I just wanted to add this school, as our DS is very happy there. He started as a boarder when he was 9 and in year 5 (now more than four years ago)and has been loving it ever since. They are very strict (similar to RBS) and assess out on an annual basis, which sometimes is hard on a class/year, as they are all very close with each other.

http://ballettschule-berlin.de/en/

Derin's Mom

I will be happy to hear some notes about Berlin State; my DD (13) is invited for a week, as a part of her audition.

How is the school atmosphere, how do kids from abroad feel there?

What is the level of the training, etc.

Any comment will be guiding for us.

Derin's Mom

Thank you Clara.

I know the school is very keen on education. Just wanted to hear if there are students / or parents who have some experience there.

Anyhow, we will see for ourselves in Feb 🙂

Edited by dancemaven
Removed full quote of immediately preceding post. Please go to bottom of page to enter a post/reply.

Mariska

Hi,

Our son has been at the school since the age of 9 (five years ago), Year 5, as a boarder and is very very happy. 

They ballet/dance education is great and if they think you are good enough, there are plenty of stage opportunities too. Both as part of the school’s own company, as well as with the Berlin State Ballet. The Nutcracker is always a highlight for the selected children each year, when they dance together with the big stars on stage.

But also the academic level is great and of importance, so both academic and dance teachers always work hand in hand to get the children to achieve their absolute very best.

last but not least: Yhe boarding house and house parents really manage to give the children a home away from home. When we first visited it gave our son and us such a good feeling, that we were willing to let him go st such a young age.

There are many many children from abroad and they learn the language so quickly. They are a really close knit group as boarders,  regardless of where they come from.

What year is your child in? Where are you from?

Hope all works out well!

Mariska

Derin's Mom

So good to hear these. My DD is 13 and currently studies in Turkey, Istanbul. She is a full time ballet student for 4 years.

We hope her to continue in Europe so looking into opportunities.

Edited by dancemaven
Removed full quote of immediately preceding post. Please go to bottom of page to enter a reply/post.