Ballet Talk for Dancers

What do they call Russian ronde de jambes in Russia?

CreativeDancer

1 hour ago, CreativeDancer said:

I am thinking of 1. dégagé devant --> small attitude --> 2. bring to 90 + degrees a la seconde --> 3. bring to tendu derrière position. Or start derrière and finish devant.

I've always been taught that as a ronde de jambe jeté.

Temps de cuisse

I sometimes call it rond  de cuisse but I agree that grand rond de jambe jete’ Is correct.

I have heard the term rond de cuisse used, but generally I have known it as grand rond de jambe jeté.

CreativeDancer

Thanks!

Miss Persistent

In RAD it is also a Ronds de Jambe Jete:D 

All my teachers (Balanchine style) call that a grand rond (and want them in every class).

• 3 weeks later...
NoTwoSnowflakes

When I play for class (Russian/Vaganova method ballet academy), that throw from attitude is called Grand Rond de Jambe Jeté (en dehors or en dedans).  I was not aware it was specifically "Russian", but maybe that's how it's referred to outside of Russian style method.

Edited to add: Yes, that video of the 5th year Vaganova exam has what the teachers I play for call a grand rond de jambe jeté in the exercise starting at 4m16s. It could also be called a "grand rond jeté."