Ballet Talk for Dancers
TheDancerPrancer

Dream Ballet to Perform

TheDancerPrancer

Sorry in advance if I'm like the 50th person to ask this but what is everyone's dream ballet to perform in. I can't really decide between Chroma by Wayne McGregor and Filigree & Shadow by Tim Harbour (they are both contemporary) but I'm leaning towards the latter. Although contemporary is my favorite genre of dance, I also feel like I have to choose a classical ballet just... because. So I'm going to go with the classic Swan Lake, right ahead of Sleeping Beauty (which is my favorite ballet but not my dream performance).

BobbyPins

My dream classical ballet to perform would definitely be Sleeping Beauty or Giselle. My dream Balanchine ballet would have to be Symphony in C, because I absolutely love the music. And I would love to perform the contemporary ballet Hero of Our Time by Yuri Possokhov.  The choreography in that ballet is so unique, and the roles involve so much acting and character development 

balanchine_ballerina

For my dream classical ballet I'd say Giselle or Swan Lake. I think my dream neo-classical ballet would be Serenade or Western Symphony. Western symphony is such a fun ballet and I love the choreography. 

Ballet Prodigy

I love ANY ballet but I'd have to say Nutcracker or Swan Lake. Romeo and Juliet sounds like a lot of fun though. 

rc5678

I've always wanted to try all the of the Jewels because the different styles within it, it seems like a unique experience.

The Lilac Fairy

I know this is very late (sorry about that) but I would have to say my dream ballet would be Don Quixote (Kitri) because it is a spicy Spanish style. As for other styles I would (also) love to do Symphony in C after I saw Kathryn Morgan’s video on it.

Ballet Prodigy

Oh I love Kathryn Morgan! She is amazingly talented and so nice!