Ballet Talk for Dancers
Funfetti

PrePro School-is it now or never?

Noodles

What a lovely update! 

Congratulations to you and to your dancer ūüéȬ† It sounds like you dove in,¬†did the leg work, and asked all the right questions¬†to determine if this is a good fit. I hope your DD has a wonderful year!

Momof3darlings

Thank you Mrs. R for coming back to give us an update but also to let us know how the site has helped you.  We appreciate your response.  

Eligus
7 hours ago, Mrs.R said:

She is almost 2 weeks into classes, and is very happy. I'm not sure we have ever seen her so happy

This makes things easier on everyone, but especially the parents.  I miss my DD, but if she's happy, I'm happy....  thanks for the update! 

Taxi dance

Thanks for the information 

Funfetti

I wanted to provide another update for future reference for those who come to this board in a similar situation that we were in. 

DD is mid way thru her 1st year away at a pre-pro school. What the first semester looked like:

* Full time training

* Fall performance opportunity

* Nutcracker

* plus full-time school

She just had her mid year review with staff and they provided feedback of her training up to this point, what they would like to see this semester, guidance for SIs, goal setting, and identifying where she would like to see herself in a year, etc. 

So...did we make the right decision? I believe so. She has no regrets. She feels like it was the right time to make the transition and that this program has accelerated her growth in technique, strength, artistically, etc. It has challenged her and fostered her growth/development. I want to add that I was skeptical and had many reservations about our decision. But we are thankful it has been a positive experience so far. I will update again at the end of the first year. Hoping others¬†will find this helpful if they find themselves in the same boat.¬†ūüíú

Noodles

Awesome update Funfetti! It sounds like things are working out beautifully, congrats!