Ballet Talk for Dancers
L_One

Tights to match Capezio pointe shoes?

L_One

I'm not putting this in the pointe shoe topic forum so parents can chime in - my daughter was recently fit for a pair of Capezio Ava pointe shoes and they are a rosy color. Does anyone know what color tights match these shoes? She's previously been in Grishko or Russian Pointe and her ballet tights all matched the shoes well, now they look like "goose feet" according to her ballet teacher :lol:. She loves the shoe on her but would like her to try to find a pair of tights that match better.

Fraildove

Not sure what the tights would end up looking like in that color. Another option is to pancake the shoes to match the tights. That might be easier. I know that the body wrapper A45’s in theatrical pink (very pale pink, not orangey pink) can be matched exactly using snazaroo’s complexion pink pancake. It’s super easy and can be touched up as the shoes get dirty. It leaves no residue on Marley flooring and really gives a beautiful line. It is nearly the same color once dried as Russian pointe, just a matte finish

L_One

Thanks Fraildove, that's probably going to be a lot easier than trying to find tights to match. The teacher doesn't mind the color for class but if these end up being a good shoe and she intends to wear them on stage, the teacher would like to see more continuity of color.