Ballet Talk for Dancers
balletmuse

Dancers of Royal Winnipeg Ballet Lawsuit for Sexual Harrasment

learningdance

Wow!

nynydancer

Yikes!  Our family has watched the film TuTu Much a thousand times, and would kinda giggle at his pronunciation of the ballet terms (nothing bad intended, it was just kind of funny).  This is terrible to read this news.  What the heck!  

Salmonpoint

I followed the link from the bottom of the  pointemagazine article to a Canadian news story: that Monk was doing volunteer work and some photography at Victoria Ballet after being fired by RWB.  Yet another reason to have many conversations with our children and young adults, dancing or otherwise,  about what is appropriate and when to speak up.  

mom2

This story has been in the Canadian news media for a while.  Recently the news feed has started again as there was court approval to proceed with the class action suit.  I agree that these news articles give us a good opportunity to talk about what appropriate expectations are in different situations and when one should speak up.

learningdance

I will say that I was thinking about having my DD (16) go alone to have pictures taken with a female photographer and honestly this story changed that kind of dumb idea right away.