Ballet Talk for Dancers
pirouettegirl123

Asking for a friend

pirouettegirl123

My best friend danced with one team she left her team to train with another one with a teacher she has liked for a while. Her teacher told her she needs to post more on Instagram to advertise her school and my friend just wants her social media to be for her friends and not to advertise and stuff. Her teacher got mad at her and has been kind of cold towards her lately and the training with her teacher isn't much better than her other team. She wants to go back to her team but she's doesn't know if she can do that now that she's left. Do you have any suggestions for her?

Victoria Leigh

I don't know much about teams, but I would say that if she wants to return to her former teacher/team, then she should ask that teacher if she can return.  I do not think that students should be asked to advertise for their studio on social media, and the negative response from her current teacher does not speak well for that teacher. 

pirouettegirl123

Thank you!!

dancemaven

Parents, please remember this is the YD Forum.  You may read, but may not post.  Therefore, a post was removed.