Ballet Talk for Dancers
Hello

Do Males need to stretch their arches?

Hello

Do male dancers need to stretch their foot arch?

Victoria Leigh

Yes!  

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, Hello. :)  Please check out the Welcome Forum, and give us some information on you and your training in ballet!

Hello

Thanks a lot! Any tips?

Victoria Leigh

Yes, just start reading here!  There is a ton of information on working the feet. :)  It all starts with your class, though. Your teacher needs to explain and show you exactly how and what you need to work on. If they have not done that, ask!  Class is to learn, and teachers are there to help, which is something they should be able to do. Are you a beginning student?

Hello

Duh…I am not even a beginner, I am a novice. I am self taught since I am scared my parent disagree me to take ballet class and I am too shy to ask. What I do now is follow online lessons and stretch. How to learn more and better?

Victoria Leigh

Oh!  So sorry, Hello. Ballet classes with highly qualified teachers is the ONLY way to learn ballet. It simply cannot be done properly on your own.  Find a way to get your parents to let you take classes!

Hello

Thanks a lot for replying me, miss Leigh, I will try my best

Victoria Leigh

You are welcome, Hello. In the meantime do spend some time reading on the the YD 13-19 Forum. This topic will be moved to that forum, but there will be a link here. Right now, my computer is refusing to move the topic, so I will need to spend some time getting that taken care of. The Teen Private Forum should not have been available to you, as it is supposed to be accessible only to those who are full members and are admitted by me! So, something is messed up in the control area. :(

Hello

It's totally fine, thanks for all your hard work😊

Victoria Leigh

Hello, now that all is straightened out with your posts, just wanted to tell you that there is another forum you should check out. The Men's Forum, which is also for younger male dancers, has a lot of information, and we have two professional male teachers on our Moderating Team. :)