Ballet Talk for Dancers
Seren

Hello...and oh my gosh what a wonderful (weird!) new world

Seren

Hi everyone, this is my very first time joining a dance forum. In fact it is the last thing I ever thought I would do. I have zero knowledge on dance and until recently zero experience. However my now 7 year old eldest son hated the aggressiveness of football and rugby and had been asking for years for a sport that was ‘beautiful and calm but strong’. We tried a few things (I thought martial arts was the answer but it didn’t make the cut) and eventually he said he wanted to try out ballet - and he loved it! Now I can’t see how we didn’t think of it earlier. That was 6 months ago and now he goes 3 times a week and I have far more questions than answers about any of it!

I’m not sure I’ll be much use to others on here but I hope that some of my questions can help other mums who find themselves thrown into an unknown and mysterious world! 

smilingcyclist

Welcome!

"Beautiful and calm but strong"

Wow!! I love that!

We have two male dancers within our family.  That is such a lovely way to express their "sport."