Ballet Talk for Dancers
Silver Stardust

Hello Everyone!!

Silver Stardust

Hi everyone!! I'm completely new to the dance world, having always loved dance but not having the chance to get involved with it until this year. I'm 18, so I definitely have a lot to catch up on but I'm very excited about starting!! Previous to this I trained in competitiveĀ horseback riding so it's going to be a switch in many ways to what I'm used to, feet placement especiallyšŸ˜… Ā  Right now I'm starting with Jazz lessons through a Ballet focused studio, and due to this class leaning very heavily into Ballet technique and training I was encouraged to find places I could learn and ask questions about the ballet aspects^^ Ā Come November/December if all things go according to plan I'll be startingĀ Ballet class which I'm so incredibly excited for!

I'm very much looking forward to being able to talk and ask questions in the community, and to get the opportunity to learn from the more experiencedĀ dancers on the forumšŸ’ž

Victoria Leigh

Welcome to our forums, Silver Stardust. šŸ˜€ Ā It is great that you are starting dance training, and we hope that you will enjoy your classes and also learning a lot about ballet right here. There is a ton of information which should be helpful to you as you begin, both in the Young Dancers forum and in the Adult Ballet Students forum. I mention that because, at 18,Ā you might find a lot more ā€œlate starterā€ info there. Plan to spend some time reading! šŸ‘

Silver Stardust

Thank you!! Ā I'm planning to do a lot of reading through topics on here, and that's good to know about the late starter infošŸ˜

Redbookish

To add my welcome to Ms Leigh's,Ā and direct you especially to the Adult Ballet Students sections. There are lots of "late" starters there (only in ballet is 18 'late' !) who discover the art and discipline of ballet, and become completely hooked. Lots of sound advice from our Teacher Moderators, and experienced students and teachers, as well as questions shared. I hope you enjoy reading, and your first classes.

Silver Stardust

Thank you so much!! A small update to what I said originally about when I was starting balletĀ is that I actually ended up being fuelled into the ballet early on recommendation, so my first ballet class is actually tonight^^Ā  I'll definitely be going through the adult sections and the youth one as I'm starting and learning all I can about ballet^^

Edited by Silver Stardust