Ballet Talk for Dancers

adult tap dancing class....

hypoeddy

Hello, I started taking a Horton dance class, and I really want to take a tap dancing class near st Louis.  I'm having trouble finding an adult tap dance class, except one that was offered in a ballet school which was way more expensive than my Horton dance class.  Any advice?

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, Hypoeddy. This is primarily a forum about learning ballet, so I'm not sure whether there'll be quick advice about tap classes. However, in the dance world, often the price of classes reflects the quality - the expertise and experience of the teachers, the quality of the studio (safe dance studios aren't cheap!), and the general care taken with teaching and nurturing students.

smilingcyclist

Often adult classes are more expensive! Especially if they are drop-in classes. It's harder to budget for a teacher when you don't know how many students will attend each week. Some studios will allow adults to visit their teen classes. You could always call and ask. Not sure how it works for tap but we have dropped in for dance classes at local studios while we were on vacation to just take a class. We travel a lot and I've found that if I reach out to a studio in advance to say that we will be in the area, they are almost always welcoming.