Ballet Talk for Dancers
Flower56

Hiiiiiii!!!

Flower56

Hello! I am a 13 year old ballet student. I started dancing jazz and tap when I was 7 but started ballet to improve my technique at age 9. This year, I quit jazz and tap to focus on ballet.Lately I have been facing pain issues however my teacher is often very busy so I am unable to ask her. I am excited to be a part of this forum!

Victoria Leigh

Welcome, Flower56!

Thank you for introducing yourself. 

It is very important that you inform your teacher, AND a parent, about your pain issues. Teachers are supposed to be there for their students. Any good teacher will make herself available for advice on pain issues. Approach her before your next class begins and tell her what is going on. She needs to know.  It could be something that would need a physician, or even possibly something you are doing incorrectly. Whatever it is, find out before you continue to dance. If it is an injury, you will need to see an Orthopedic doctor, preferably one who is familiar with dancers. If your parent does not know one, ask the ballet school to recommend someone.