Ballet Talk for Dancers
TinydancersNJ

Dance Mom Victories! Share!!!

TinydancersNJ

My 10 year old daughter just finished her first audition season, my first as a dance mom! I managed two NYC and one Philly audition at places I've never been and each time she had neat hair, dress code, required pictures (or birth certificate) and was early! I am so relieved its over but I just want to take one second to rest on my laurels and pat myself on the back before YAGP prep kicks into high gear.  

Share! What is your most recent or favorite dance mom victory? We deserve applause!!! 👏

Tracyhelene

Survived Summer Intensive auditions. [ . . . .]. Favorite experience - met some new dance Moms that I loved talking to and provided some much needed encouragement to a young dancer from our studio (it was her 1st audition). Should I mention the last 3 auditions were the same day, so we were at same studio for over 7 hours (I was organized with photos for each and sack lunch/snacks too). So proud of DD though.

Edited by dancemaven
Edited in keeping with intent of thread and guidelines of BT4D.

LiterateGriffin

My victory?

She's cast, and performing on stage in a month.

(This, after some terrible behavior issues last spring, that would have kept her from being cast. We found the cause, and effective treatment)

Edited by LiterateGriffin
Edited to keep in line with "why it's a DM victory" rather than a DD brag

AdventurerMom

DD10 survived her first audition season . . . .

I’m most proud that my daughter was super patient about results. 😅

Edited by dancemaven

AmyMary

This was our first audition season too for DD 12. [ . . . ]

After booking a weekend in a hotel 6 hours away my highlight was seeing her come out of that last audition beaming and exclaiming "I got in!", especially after the first audition being rough and having forgot her paperwork at the hotel.

Whew, we survived, and are that much more prepared for next season 

Edited by dancemaven

dancemaven

Moderator’s Hat:   Going forward, please note the focus of this thread are ‘victories’ of the parents survival or conquering challenges during the audition season—-not tallying wins or losses re: our children’s accomplishments.  :wink:

Texasblue

My dance mom victory this season is helping my dd with all the organizational stuff, driving and encouraging and seeking opinions re: best options for this year for her, but then when the final results and recommendations came in, I actually was able to take a step back and let her take the lead on where she thought she should go based on what she heard and learned  from trusted teachers and mentors, despite the fact it was not MY first choice this summer for her it is still an excellent choice and all the subsequent details have worked out so far. I am proud that she was able to weigh it all out and arrive at her own decision. I know I can trust her instinct, despite when my logical brain tells me contrary. It is more than what looks right on paper!

AnastasiaBeav

Reviving this thread because I have a win! I made the hard choice to move DD10 from a comp studio (where the ballet was lacking) to a ballet only academy. She wanted better ballet instruction but did not want to leave her friends and teachers. There were many nights of tears on her end and I worried over whether I was doing the right thing for her. Now she is thriving in the new academy and is even testing to move up to the next level. I have been second guessing my decision since May and I am finally feeling confident that at least for now, this is where she should be. Yay! 

AdventurerMom

This is from summer program intensive season but I had to share. I survived the three hours of daily commuting driving for the ten days of my daughter’s summer program. (It was 45 minutes each way.)

And I parallel parked on the daily during drop off and pick up. (I never have need if it where I live but parking by the Houston Ballet on the curb is the easiest way to pick up.)

Ballerinamom2girls

If I can manage to parallel park just once I feel like a superhero.  Lol.  Good job!

AdventurerMom

Survived a second year of audition season. 
This year is mostly me learning to step back and let my dancer do it (sewing, hair, some training decisions) herself, so that’s challenging, but getting easier.

louliesmom

I made both my daughter’s classical and contemporary costumes for YAGP. She loved the costumes and there were no malfunctions! Very rewarding but multiplied my stress sitting in the audience!

AdventurerMom

Good for you mama!