Ballet Talk for Dancers
CVan

Colorado Ballet Academy—year-round

MBK135

This is very helpful. Thank you so much! 😊

Stepsonb

Momisme, I was wondering the same thing. Just receive acceptance for SI but not for Year Round Program.

CVan, how long did it take for your DD to receive a notification after the audition for the year round? 

CVan

Stepsonb my daughter sent a video audition in June of 2018 (the video submission deadline was the end of July),  and received her result after two days.  I cannot say if that was a usual or unusual turnaround for this program.  

Stepsonb

CVan thank you.

Bekah21

My daughter was accepted to the pre-pro program. She is 13 and would enter in August. I'm nervous because she's always been in a brick and mortar school and this would require going to online school. I know all kids are different, but can anyone comment on their online school experiences?

Bekah21

CVan,

Can you comment on the daily class schedule? We are seriously considering this for daughter, but I can't find any sample daily schedule online.

MBK135

Bekah, how did you find out she was accepted to the pre-pro? My daughter is interested in their program and we indicated that on the application for the summer intensive audition but I don’t know if they will let us know when they accept or not accept her to that. We have no experience with online school either. 

CVan

Bekah21 here is this year's daily schedule:

Monday:  Yoga, ballet technique, Pointe/men's conditioning, Choreography (classes 9:30-4:30)

Tuesday:  Gyrokinesis, Modern, Ballet Technique, Choreography (classes 9:30-3)

Wednesday:  Life Skills, Pilates, Ballet Technique, Pas de Deux, Variations/rehearsal (classes 9:30-4:30)

Thursday:   Ballet Technique, Technique en Pointe/Men's Technique, Contemporary/Character (classes 9:30-3)

Friday:  Ballet Technique, Pointe and Variations/Men's Technique, Choreography (classes 9:30-3)

There are additional rehearsals for YAGP, if you decide to participate.  Also additional rehearsals for company performances, if your dancer is involved.

This is our first year with online high school. It has definitely been a challenge, but now that my DD has a better handle on things, she is able to manage the schedule better than at the beginning.

Bekah21

MBK135,

When she received her SI acceptance email there was a note on there that she was accepted to pre pro. This is all new to us.

Bekah21

CVan,

Thank you so much for the wonderful information. What does your DD do in the evenings? Is that when she does school if no rehearsals and such?

MBK135

Thank you, Bekah21! We already have an intensive for the summer. My daughter auditioned to get into the pre pro program. 

CVan

Bekah21, yes.  Evenings and weekends for schoolwork.  I'm guessing that you are local, since your daughter is 13?  There is Denver Online High School, which could be worth looking into for her.

Bekah21

CVan,

Yes we are local and had not even considered moving from her current ballet program, but we have thought about alternative high school options.

Bekah21

MBK135,

When did she do that audition? I bet they will simply email out the results like they do for the summer intensive.

MBK135

She auditioned on 1/27 and we haven’t heard anything yet. Let’s hope we will know soon. I know nothing about online schools so I’d need to do a lot of research.