Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sanakan

Hi at All

Sanakan

Hi, I am a 31 years old guy from Germany. As a kid I was really interested in the beauty of classical ballet but of course this was nothing a boy should do or be interested in. So I waited till the end of 2017 before starting my ballet training. Since then I visit 3 courses a week (for the time of 4 months I did 4 courses). After around 9 months one of them is a mid Level course and some time ago I started a point training as well (10 times so far), which was a big dream for me.

This is what brought me here because this week I found this Document:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVCEgPDJMe5P0sXIbS0yLRKNItLAqO1moGFsFmmgrSOJLA0g/viewform

I found it because it seems, that I havent found the right shoe so far. So I have written this small introduction and have now the minimum post to send this form ;) But I shurely will look a bit around and see, what I can find on this Forum :)

Edited by Sanakan

Redbookish

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, Sanakan. You'll find the section for Male dancers to be full of support and advice, and the general forums for Adult ballet students are great - all of us are dedicated to learning about this beautiful art form.

I'm not sure about pointe for men - there's not much repertoire for this, as in the true classical tradition, male dancers focus on extraordinary jumps and turns, not pointe work. 

Sanakan

I know about that, thank you :) 

Its not very suitable for classical choreography, thats for shure, but I do not have much problem about dancing female oriented variations. Since a few weeks I even train the Odette Solo (Act2 Part 2)with my teacher so.... its a liberal world I guess :D

(of course on a more beginner friendly level)

BalletFamily

Welcome, Sanakan.  I don't know why there aren't more men on pointe.  But then I've never been one to care about gender expectations.  I saw an article recently about a company who came out with a pointe shoe for men (not just with plenty of larger sizes but also to account for a few differences that can make it difficult for many men to find appropriate pointe shoes).

I'm 54 and started pointe a few months ago.  I'm female but there are a lot of common factors in starting as an adult.   I'm so glad you're following your dreams and I hope to see you around the adult ballet board.

dancemaven

I encourage you to check out our Men’s Forum.  I am sure there are discussions regarding men and pointe in there.

We are really getting a bit far afield from the purpose of the Welcome threads.  :wink:

Sanakan

Ballet Family,

Thank you for your kind words. Even People in the mid 20s sometimes think it is to late to do something they are attracted to, so its great to hear that you are more courageous too :)