Ballet Talk for Dancers
AdventurerMom

Demipointe Shoes How Long Do They Last?

AdventurerMom

My daughter had her first demipointe class yesterday. As she smiled and headed into class with her first pair of ribboned shoes in hand I was wondering, how long do demipointe shoes last?

Google was no help at all, as it kept telling me about pointe shoes and how they lose support in the shank and box...but these shoes are shankless and they aren’t using them to go en pointe.

She’s wearing a Bloch Tensus Demipointe shoe if that makes any difference. 

Thanks in advance!

Ballet6706

My DD is 13, but since no one answered ... my daughter wore her first pair at age 10. She wore them until she outgrew them - they did not die. I have never heard of pre-pointe shoes dying at amongst the kids/moms/friends at our studio - doesn't mean they don't. Hope that helps. 

ETA: The pre-pointe dancers only had class thirty minutes, once a week, on marley floors.

Edited by Ballet6706

AdventurerMom

Thank you for your response!  I was hoping she would grow out of them before they went. 😅

skiptomylou

Seems like they’d be unlikely to die if worn for a short pre-pointe class a few times a week, but it is possible for them to wear out.  DD16 wears them for regular ballet classes (2 hour class 5-6 days a week), and they do eventually get holes in them!

Victoria Leigh

It would definitely depend on how much they are used, but also on the quality of the floors in the studio. If they are Marley, that should help the shoes wear longer than a wood floor that requires resin.  

Chibikko

This was what ours looked like within 2 months. It was originally a Bloch aspiration.

Edited by Chibikko