Ballet Talk for Dancers
stella929393

Ballet Colleges?

stella929393

So im 17 and have about 4 months of ballet experience. I am in Ballet intermediate at my local ballet school and I am determine to make it as a professional dancer. Now I understand fully what it takes to even be considered at a company along with fellow competitors who have been dancing since they were born. Ballet means everything to me and I would do anything to dance more than 8 hours a day hurting. I am considering entering a college that provides a good Ballet program to be successful as a dancer since I may not apply for a pre-professional school. I know all the responses I may get beforehand about me not making it or how hard it may be to even audition for colleges like these but please try to help me here. This is my dream and I am giving everything for this. 

OldSoulDancer

That's really great!  I'm a late starter too, and it's so inspiring hearing about similar people.  It takes a buttload of work, but I even heard about one (ballet) professional who started at 20 something, so anything really is possible!  Don't give up.