Ballet Talk for Dancers
Esmeralda

Water During Auditions

Esmeralda

During auditions, I’ve noticed that no one seems to drink any water. I don’t drink water during barre because that could be distracting. However, is it okay to get a sip of water during center while I’m standing on the side as another group goes?

Thank you!

vrsfanatic

That is a very good question Esmeralda. I can only speak for myself, but I will ask around in the ballet community.

Since our school allows water bottles in the classroom, I would not find it to be a distraction to have a water bottle in the audition, however I must say, you are correct, no one ever brings one to an audition. In the next audition I will make sure I ask if anyone needs water.

dancemaven

Members, Please note:  This is the YD forum.  ONLY YD members and the Moderators are permitted to post here.  For all others, it is read only.  Several posts have had to be removed. :thumbsup:

vrsfanatic

I asked my students today. They all take their water bottles into auditions and no one says anything.

Esmeralda

Thank you so much!