Ballet Talk for Dancers

Milgymfam

Anyone with any insights into the program that can’t be found on their website? Thanks!

NavigatingMom

Milgymfam,  Here are some notes I took after we visited there last year for auditions with my commercial dancer. FYI - my ballerina also went with us and participated in a day of dance as a Junior. The yellow ribbon funding is great for military families and they actually have some extra benefits that kick in at the school for those recipients as well. Talk to the VA person there - they were great. 

Dean College- Designed after the U of AZ program with triple track and lots of dancers (about 180+) at a small private school. The campus is very beautiful and the dorm rooms are absolutely huge and newer. The faculty and support here was really impressive as it is appears to be directly modeled after U of AZ with triple track and equal emphasis on all 3 genres ballet, jazz, modern with lots of performing opportunities and lots of school support. It is in an area where the arts are very supported as well (less than an hour from Boston) so the program is also well endowed. The academic admissions decision is rolling and the audition decision is available in the portal within 2 weeks of the audition process if you have academic admission. They have great merit scholarships and some dance money as well. The faculty is very accessible and interactive with every student. They also encourage lots of different summer activities, intensives, RA positions at intensives and provide lots of information and help for students as far as internships or apprenticeships.

Hope that helps.

Milgymfam

Thank you!