Ballet Talk for Dancers
GingerMama

What to do when a child wants more of a challenge?

GingerMama

Thanks Orange Blossom for the great suggestion! I’ll tell her about it and I think it’s something she could really enjoy and give her something to focus on. 

Thanks dancemaven for the ideas! She’s taking music lessons and on a swim team so we do think cross training is important and she loves music. Again we have no interest in speeding anything up but she does seem ready for more. 

Again she’s not bored of ballet in the sense that she doesn’t appreciate the style itself. She loves it and understands how important it is to build upon the movements. Her ballet teacher stopped me yesterday to tell me how strong she is in ballet and mentioned how much she has been assisting in class so it was a perfect time to mention that she wants more of a challenge. Her teacher agreed and went to check into moving her up to the next level early but that class is full so she offered to look into more ways to keep her challenged and motivated which we obviously appreciate. I know she’s young but she’s very focused and really loves being challenged so I think she is just craving more which her teacher wasn’t surprised by. This is all new to me so I’m just trying to keep up with her. Thanks so much for your help!