Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
trythis

Past Links 2013-14

redrose

I had the opportunity to attend Atlanta Ballet's Dracula this past weekend, and I have to say that I was on the edge of my seat. It was incredible!!!

Clara 76

One can certainly tell the 'reviewer' writes from a distinctly contemporary viewpoint.

I am glad the ballet was a success for AB, and happy you all enjoyed it! :)

Momof3darlings

If you are in the area, this might be a wonderful experience Emancipation 150: Black Women in Classical Ballet

DD was invited to attend, but her company is performing this weekend.

Momof3darlings

Thanks marigold!

Victoria Leigh

That is so fun! Thank you for posting it, Twinkle Mom. :)

ascballerina

That's great! What an original idea....something that would appeal to two very different audiences...

Dancer830

That is really great, Twinkle Mom! I especially loved the photo with the dancer's fingertip touching the basketball. Now if we could just get dancers' pay close to a basketball player's pay, that would be perfect! :clapping:

diane

Nice! Thanks! :)

-d-

vrsfanatic

I have seen the photos at the theatre here in South Florida. Unfortunately, they shrunk them and the dancers proportions are not as complimentary as they are in person. Cute idea and glad to see the HEAT gave back to ballet. Just wish the photos had been better.

Hamorah

Nice! Reminds me of when I used to play netball (English school girl equivalent of basketball!). I was a good shooter, because I would do a beautiful temps leve in arabesque in order to get the ball in the net! :)

pgo

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/magazine/105707/homans-alonzo-king-ballet-mediterranean

A bit of rare praise from Jennifer Homans -- with whom I have mostly agreed in the past -- of Alonzo King Lines Ballet. DD (10) and I plan to attend their next performance for the first time. In all honesty, I am tired of "choreography ... for dancers’ sakes" and skeptical of anything that attempts to be universalistic, but the company's strengths and the aesthetic specificity and personal history of Mr Lines peeked our interest.

Sign in to follow this