Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
trythis

Past Links 2013-14

JacquelineInAus

Lucky you for seeing it twice! It looks like a beautiful production.

Terez Mertes

This is my review, posted at The Classical Girl. As I am a newbie to this, please let me know if this is not the proper procedure!

Edited by Victoria Leigh
Link to blog removed.

Victoria Leigh

I'm sorry, Terez, but it is a link to a blog. We do not allow that here. However, if you would like to post a review, you might want to visit our sister site, Ballet Alert!, and do it there. Not a link to your blog, but a review of the performance you saw. :)

Terez Mertes

Thank you, Victoria. Live and learn! And I guess I did something right - I did indeed post a review at Ballet Alert recently, and we've been having some lively dialogue about the different SFB programs I've viewed and reviewed this season. Great direction to point me in! I'm really enjoying that site and its discussion forums!

I know not to do this again here, but felt it was worth a try as I didn't know. It's a newbie thing! :(

Victoria Leigh

No problem, Terez. Thank you for understanding.

Momof3darlings

A great article about one dancer's path: Dr. Dancer

Tarantella2000

Thank you Momof3 - indeed a great read!

vrsfanatic

Sad news. A visionary. May he rest in peace.Thank you for posting Victoria.

Redbookish

The death of British dancer (dance superstar really), David Wall, was announced today. A very sad day for ballet -- in an art where the intricacies of the art are passed down from dancer to dancer, generation to generation, we've lost one of the great ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22963499

And here's Deborah Bull talking about his work and legacy on BBC Radio 4 "Today" Programme (at around 8:30am, UK Summer Time):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_four/20130619

There's more through on our sister site, BalletAlert.

Doubleturn

Very sad news - RIP.

diane

I am sorry to read this.

My condolences to his family and friends.

-d-

Hamorah

How sad! He was such a beautiful dancer - I particularly loved him in Manon. It's tragic for the danceworld as well as for the families, when dancers like him with their wealth of experience die at a relatively young age - he had so much more to pass on to the future generations.

Laurine

Are you interested in an intensive dance week ? :yes:

Come to Danceworks and participate in our ballet and contemporary Summer Workshops ! Great opportunity to learn from renowned teachers and Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Company
Click for details: http://www.danceworks.net/summer-workshops

The purpose of the Summer Intensive Workshops is to take intermediate and intermediate+ level dancers through a four day journey of technique and choreography with great teachers, building to a tangible and lasting improvement for the individual. Whether you decide to take one class or all four, you will be inspired and challenged in equal measure, and have the opportunity to work intensively on your own process, receiving individual and group coaching. Each teacher is providing a four class intensive course. Students can choose one or more of the four available courses. Please ensure that you can commit to these dates as the price of the course is non-refundable.

Workshops details:

address: London at Danceworks, 16 Balderton Street, London W1K 6TN

tel:020 7629 6183

Cost: To book your place please e-mail zsolti.szabo@danceworks.net with the indication of which class(es) you would like to take.

date: From 25th to 29th July

Sign in to follow this