Ballet Talk for Dancers

Past Links 2013-14

trythis

Miss Persistent

She made a very significant contribution to ballet here in Australia too, she will be missed by many I am sure. Here is the obituary in the Telegraphy http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/10796407/Gailene-Stock-obituary.html

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mom2

• Momof3darlings

• swanchat

• Victoria Leigh

Very sad news, although not unexpected as she had been obliged to stop working suddenly last year. I am sure her memory will live on with all those whose lives she touched. Condolences to her family and friends.

Oh what sad sad news. Her contribution here and in Australia was immense.

Momof3darlings

So sorry to hear.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/art/dancing-in-public-an-oregon-ballerina-performs-around-portland/

Alison Roper is retiring from the stage at OBT. This video finds her dancing around the city. Striking!

Seems like she's wrapping her feet a lot; anyone know why?

learning.a.lot

Thank you for sharing! Such wisdom and a long successful career!

learning.a.lot
  • 2 weeks later...

Really interesting, thank you! And the ballet is amazing!!

Thanks for posting, I remember back in high school ( many many years ago) we studied this play for our "A" level English Lit exam and also put on a production so I know it well. This brought it all back and I would love to see the ballet - maybe some time!

• 1 month later...
Momof3darlings

A nice article on what attributes ballet dancers take into the workforce with them.

From Ballet to Boardroom

• 2 weeks later...

Love!! posting on FB so all my dancer friends can see! its really good. thanks for sharing!!

Claude_Catastrophique

Thank you so much for posting. It could be my story told there. I could so totally relate. I am still struggling with the fact that I never had and will never had a paid job in a company but that I can still be a "real" dancer, living fully her passion.

• 1 month later...
  • Momof3darlings changed the title to Past Links 2013-14