Ballet Talk for Dancers
Our Thanks and Gratitude to Everyone Who Has Contributed to Our 2020 Fundraiser <3 <3 <3
tx_dancer

COVID-19 related budget cuts and season changes

tx_dancer

I saw today that Texas Ballet Theater has cut its 2020-21 budget by $2 million (almost 20%) and delayed the beginning of its season until The Nutcracker opens in November. The 20/21 season was originally scheduled to open in September with Beauty and the Beast. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/performing-arts/2020/05/19/texas-ballet-theater-cuts-budget-by-2-million-reduces-salaries-and-delays-start-of-new-season/

The article does say that although salaries are being reduced and dancer contracts are being reduced from 40 weeks to 38 weeks, they do not anticipate layoffs.

I’m curious what other companies have announced in terms of budget and program changes.

Adf

Great interview on local Texas news with TBT.  Includes discussion about future theatre and arts live performance, they are working with Governor.  Nice to see this in the news as it brings hope!

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/performing-arts-in-limbo-as-governor-abbott-reopens-texas/2374297/?fbclid=IwAR0s2QS3CGlqACl2aqwAcdNRbE5dzTcpZVQ8s2dtIi0kfm1Q4qQ6SwQcF9E

Adf

Just seeing your post now. I just posted the local tv news interview with Vanessa Logan.  She discusses much more than the budget cuts and it's a great interview!  Good to see more media coverage on the impacts in the ballet world.