Ballet Talk for Dancers

Turnout Problems

teenballet

teenballet

Hi

I recently watched a professional Youtube video about how to do plies correctly and not how to do it, and I had no idea that I was actually doing it wrong. 😮 I felt that it was wrong but I didn't really know what to do about it since I have no experience with ballet.

Since I'm trying to learn the basics before I actually get the chance to go to a real ballet class-- I bought the book "Royal Academy of Dance: Step by Step Dance Class" awhile ago. I learned how to help my turning out for plies.

Its so hard now that I found I was doing it wrong for over three months!!!

Any suggestions for me to get over this habit of forcing turnout--quickly and safely? I don't want to learn anymore bad habits.

Thank you in advance,

teenballet

Edited by teenballet
vrsfanatic

Hopefully you will begin your ballet lessons soon as ballet really is not something you can teach yourself. There is no quick recipe to success. One of my teachers used to say, " We are a ballet school, not McDonalds!"

You will learn bad habits studying ballet by yourself as you do not know what you do not know!

Please be careful!

teenballet

Thank you for answering!
I looked up a professional ballerina of how to do turnout and it makes a lot more sense.

Its also getting easier.

Thank you.

teenballet