Ballet Talk for Dancers

Online Video: Silver Feet PBS Documentary on YouTube

Lise Braden

Thanks to postings I read on Ballet Talk for Dancers, in which people wrote about how much they had loved it when they were growing up, I made a high quality digital transfer of my 1985 documentary (updated for PBS in 1995) called Silver Feet. It is now available for viewing on YouTube. (Key Words: Silver Feet Ballet Documentary

Silver Feet follows three teenage ballet students through auditions for the SF Ballet school, a critical first step towards a career with the professional company. One succeeds; the other two must come to terms with devastating rejections that bring to an end their life-long dreams.

Winner of a Silver Hugo Award at the 1985 Chicago International Film Festival, and Best Of Fine Arts at the 1986 National Educational Film & Video Festival.

Very moving.  Thank you Lise!

Thank you my daughter and I watched it last night. 

AnastasiaBeav

My DD11 and I watched it this evening. Thank you so much for sharing!

Finally got a chance to watch this documentary.  Not only did I enjoy the dancing, the stories, and the realness of it, but it was a fantastic walk down memory lane for me.  From the wispy bangs to the pinched front leotards, I was back in the studio in 198?.  I could almost smell those skinny black cigarettes.  I will have to rewatch just for the sentimentality, and will definitely share with my DD.  Thank you for sharing Lise!

AnastasiaBeav
15 hours ago, Amie said:

Not only did I enjoy the dancing, the stories, and the realness of it, but it was a fantastic walk down memory lane for me.  From the wispy bangs to the pinched front leotards, I was back in the studio in 198?. 

Yes! I was probably 13 when this came out and seeing the smoking in the office, the blue eyeliner, and other 80s fashion was nostalgic.