Ballet Talk for Dancers

Greetings from New Zealand!

Camilla

Camilla

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. My daughter (recently turned 19 years old) has just graduated from a full-time three-year ballet programme. She would love to become a professional ballerina, and is now searching for options. 

Edited by vrsfanatic
Double posting
balletfan

Hi Camilla.

For more training she might try Queensland Ballet Academy pre pro year or the same idea at the Sydney Dance Company.  Obviously they start in Feb but always worth contacting.

She could investigate WA Ballet, Victorian State Ballet or any company that is accessible to her for work.  Flag her availability for casual or seasonal work!  A challenge will be keeping ballet fit waiting for responses and opportunities arise.  People seem to do this through their old school or places like Sydney Dance Company classes.

She could also try Zoom Master classes, Autumn & Summer Intensives out of the US or Europe.

vrsfanatic

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers Camilla. it is lovely to meet you. This is the Welcome Forum where we introduce ourselves. I see your dancing daughter is seeking employment. I  see you have already posted your question in the Professional Forum. You will probably receive more input in those Forums. I therefore will edit this post as we do not allow double posting. Again, Welcome. We look forward to learning more about you and your DD travels in the wonderful world of ballet.

Edited by vrsfanatic
Unnecessary information.