Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballet Training in Southern France

Hi,

My dancer is 14 and currently trains at the ABT School.  Our family is looking to move to Southern France in a few years. We haven't settled on an area yet. We are looking at the mediterranean coast or Toulouse area or anywhere in between. I am looking to research ballet schools, companies, and programs in the area, as this will contribute to our decision on where to move. I know Paris is where everybody want to go to train, but we are not looking to that yet. Any recommendations or knowledge of ballet programs in France is greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

You may want to inquire about Pascale Autrand Ballet. I believe she is near the French Riviera. She has been a guest teacher for many, including Ellison Ballet in NYC. I feel that one of her strong gifts is to train serious individual students. She is kind and a gifted teacher. Many of her students have gone on to dance professionally.

Rosella Hightower school in Cannes and Princess Grace school in Monaco are both first class.

Snap, Doubleturn - Rosella Hightower was my first thought as well.