Ballet Talk for Dancers

Tights

Moncabe

Hi all! Please suggest me brands. I live in Europe so I wish to order from here somewhere. So far it seems like the Wear moi will be okay but it worths a try to ask your opinion. I need a few tights for the winter season and to be honest I do not have a lot to spend on them. I wish to know what you wear and what do you suggest as I only know the main brands. I wish to order some polyfabric footed tights. If you are aware of any discounts anywhere, here you can let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Moncabe
Grammar
  • Moncabe changed the title to Tights

I have the Wear Moi Orion tights, and they are pretty thick and durable. Don't think you can go wrong with those, if they are easy for you to get.

Thank you. I was thinking order 3 of those in the 3 colors and a pair of shoes to get above the free shipping limit of 150 Euros. But I am still open to suggestions. I have not found microfiber at grishko.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered Wear Moi Orion in black and in white. Will write about it once I try.

I have been using Mariia tights for almost a year now and I love them. They fit well & are very thick but not to the point of being uncomfortable. You don't have to worry about them being see-through whatsoever. I also second Grishko.

I will google them thank you!

My wear moi order takes 2 months for shipping so in the meantime I hope I can get these Mariia thighs

After searching the web for colored tights in any thing but gray. black or white found it hard to find other colors just wondered where can I find them in a variety of colors like I see in ballet photos.

Diverso in Italy will produce tights in whatever colour or colours you want, a search for "Diverso ballet" will find them. 

Randy, keep your eye out for M Stevens from LA, and Lucky Leo out of Denver.  They both offer sales a couple-two or three times a year.  Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Received the thighs from wear moi. Orion size M. Material is great and all but I think I have the mentioned Unibutt issue. I am only 176 tall. Should I order L size instead of M next time??

• 2 weeks later...

Well... These are just too small. I will buy one size larger next time. I am sad a bit as this is a lot of money in my region to spend in vain. I try to stretch them with hot water but the true solution will be to gather some money again and order L sized orions. Maybe next season. 😁