Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballet sweat

concha

Ok so I have this problem that whenever I sweat in ballet class it leaks through my ballet tights and leotard and you can see it.It happens near my crotch area and at first I thought I was peeing myself but I’m pretty sure it’s sweat.How do I stop it from leaking through? I’ve tried using baby powder or putting toilet paper up there but that doesn’t work.I don’t know if this has something to do with anxiety or my breathing because sometimes I hold in my breath.I’ve noticed that I’m the only one who has this problem and I get embarrassed sometimes.Please let me know how to stop this!!

Hello concha, and welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers!  Please take a moment to go over to the Welcome forum to introduce yourself so that we can get to know you better.

How old are you?  Sweat is normal in ballet class, and as humans, we sweat everywhere and some people are more prone to sweating in certain areas.  It is also possible that you are experiencing some discharge if you are having a menstrual cycle, and that is once again, completely normal.  I understand it is uncomfortable and embarassing, but please do not be ashamed!  

Here are a couple solutions that might make you feel more secure (I assume you are wearing a light-coloured leo as part of a dress code?)

-ask the teacher if you can wear a ballet skirt to give you more coverage

-try sticking a pantyliner to your tights—it is possible to make them invisible under a leo.  Even if it shows a bit in movement, no one will be concerned.  

I hope this helps.  I look forward to hearing more from you!