Ballet Talk for Dancers

Recommendation for Men Tights & Soft Shoes (2022)

kylediary18

Hello guys, this is an ordinary old topics but there is little to no information over the web for reviews.

Hence, I hope to get some inputs from you guys who are more experience.

I used to wear Capezio and Wearmoi tights and I long for a change. 

I am 174cm.

Current Tights :

Capezio MT11 (L) - not comfortable, unibutt 

Capezio 10361M (L) - comfortable, too loose & out of stock in my region

Wearmoi Hildago (M) - Too tight and fabric around toe RIP

Capezio Studio Transition Tights (L) - too tight and difficult to put on

I am eying on the followings, please see if you guys could provide any feedback ya

1) Wearmoi Clovis Transition Tights (cotton elastane)

2) Boysdancetoo Precision Fit Transition Tights 

3) Tricot Transition/Footed Tights

Also, anyone is wearing Wearmoi Soft Shoes?

I used to wear Capezio Mr. James shoes at size UK9, EU43. Just wondering if Wearmoi Vesta runs small or true to size?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you guys. Thank you mods! 

Edited by kylediary18
Added another question regarding shoe size
  • kylediary18 changed the title to Recommendation for Men Tights & Soft Shoes (2022)

Welcome KyleDiary18 to Ballet Talk for Dancers. It is always wonderful to have a new member. Please do go to the Welcome Forum to introduce yourself. It is so helpful to know how long someone has been studying ballet and what other interests one may have. Of course, do leave any personal information. Also, please read the rules and regulations learning more about you and to familiarize yourself with how BT4D works. We look forward to your continuing participation. Enjoy!

I recently acquired some Vestas in my normal (European) size. They fit great. With the James Whiteside shoe, I found I needed a half size smaller. With all that extra padding in them, they tend to slosh around in a normal size.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I am new to this forum but I am interested in this topic as it is never easy to find the best dance wear, dance belts or tights and actually the above point was made that some tights can be too slippery as sometimes when you combine them with the certain shoes….then you feel that under foot you feel like you slip on the floor slightly. I agree about Capezio and producing a uni butt….so the design of those tights I really never understood….maybe I buy the wrong size (?)… but I find them too restrictive anyway. I think I prefer WearMoi for stability on legs, but they are weak and have sewn my toes many times. I would love to try MStevens but you cannot buy these in the UK. So I feel men get really poor choices in not only brands but designs too. And shoe colours. However I do have question…is there an MStevens equivalent in the UK to try? 

Appreciate sharing of experience / websites / stockist supplies. Thank you.

Try Wear Moi Hamada (or Solo if you want them footed) in M or L.

Edited by Kalashnikov
  • 1 month later...
On 5/1/2022 at 12:20 AM, Kalashnikov said:

Try Wear Moi Hamada (or Solo if you want them footed) in M or L.

Is it make of the same material as Clovis (the convertible one)?

• 4 weeks later...

I personally really like off-white Mirella. They are thick enough to not be see through, and so comfortable I wish I could get rid of all my trousers.

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 8:59 AM, ScholarPrince said:

I personally really like off-white Mirella. They are thick enough to not be see through, and so comfortable I wish I could get rid of all my trousers.

AMEN!  AAHO!  

On 4/29/2022 at 11:56 PM, Bronze Idol said:

Hi there. I am new to this forum but I am interested in this topic as it is never easy to find the best dance wear, dance belts or tights and actually the above point was made that some tights can be too slippery as sometimes when you combine them with the certain shoes….then you feel that under foot you feel like you slip on the floor slightly. I agree about Capezio and producing a uni butt….so the design of those tights I really never understood….maybe I buy the wrong size (?)… but I find them too restrictive anyway. I think I prefer WearMoi for stability on legs, but they are weak and have sewn my toes many times. I would love to try MStevens but you cannot buy these in the UK. So I feel men get really poor choices in not only brands but designs too. And shoe colours. However I do have question…is there an MStevens equivalent in the UK to try? 

Appreciate sharing of experience / websites / stockist supplies. Thank you.

I dance in the UK, and I find Bloch To be the best quality dancewear and it’s obtainable in the UK.

To be the best quality dancewear and it’s obtainable in the UK.

I can’t comment on Bloch dance belts as I always get dance jox But their tights and other clothing are very opaque and won’t show through plus they are more robust than Hamada plus you don’t get a unibutt, hope this helps.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:51 PM, MattMan said:

AMEN!  AAHO!  

What does that mean?