Ballet Talk for Dancers

I'd like to introduce myself

Anastasia E. L.

My name is Anastasia. I'm a sixteen year old ballet student of the Vaganova Academy in St. Petersburg. I'm Russian, if that isn't obvious yet. I have perfect pitch. I don't what else should I say. Ah, sorry for my English language, if bad.

Welcome Anastasia to Ballet Talk for Dancers. We are happy to have you as our newest member. Please tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have trained and what your goals are as a dancer and beyond. Looking forward to following your journey and learning more about you through your questions.

7 hours ago, vrsfanatic said:

Welcome Anastasia to Ballet Talk for Dancers. We are happy to have you as our newest member. Please tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have trained and what your goals are as a dancer and beyond. Looking forward to following your journey and learning more about you through your questions.

Thank you! I've been doing ballet for 11 years, since I was 5. I don't really have life goals, except I want to dance at the Mariinsky.

Have you performed on the Mariinsky stage? It is an amazing theatre.

5 hours ago, vrsfanatic said:

Have you performed on the Mariinsky stage? It is an amazing theatre.

I have. It's a wonderful experience to perform, I've been so lucky.

I lived in St. Petersburg for 2 years, studying methodology at Vaganova Academy 30 years ago. I love the theatre. What are a few things you enjoy about performing on the Mariinsky stage?