Ballet Talk for Dancers

My feet.

Anastasia E. L.

I really hate my feet. They are good feet with a problem. I have tiny feet. I am 167cm and I usually wear a 39 street shoe, sometimes 38 even . I've started to think I won't get into company because of them. And I have short toes on top of it.

And......? Margot Fonteyn had tiny feet and it didn't stop her!

We all have bit of our bodies that we don't like, but unless you're planning on having cosmetic surgery on your feet then you are stuck with them and you will have to work with what you've got.

I can't see how small feet are a) a problem or b) will stop you getting into a company.  

Rather than focusing your attention on something you think you "don't have" which you can never change. Why not focus your attention on the things you do well and are strong at? We all have strengths and weaknesses.  Show yourself off to your best advantage and quit worrying about something that probably no one but you has ever noticed.

I have the same problem except that I am a guy. I am overall just very short/small. But I don't let it define me. At the end of the day, you're dancing, skill and technique are the things that matter. My dancing has improved a lot since I stopped worrying about things that I can't change about myself and put that energy into becoming stronger and a better dancer technically. 

Best of luck to you. :)