Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

Favorites

Guest Daniella64

Guest Daniella64

My ballet Mistress is agreat teacher who really knows how to work all the right muscles and can find the smallest thing wrong that can make all the differance. On the other end of the spectrum she is stern with flat corrections and long hard combinations. Anyway lately she has chosen a "favorite", one girl in the class to whom she devotes all her time, corrections, comments and smiles. Its unfair b/c the rest of the class is just ignored. I want to be taught and grow and learn, but I feel I can't if my teacher doesnt even notice if I need correction. Im sure that this is common in ballet, as I have read many books by dancers with similar experiences. Anyone else have this problem? How do you deal?

Danielle

Live with it.

Check yourself out against the corrections the "teacher's pet" is getting, and see if they apply to you. If so, correct away by yourself. If not, plunge merrily on!:D

Guest Daniella64

Thank You! Thats exactly what I do. Well I always correct myself against anyone elses corrections. The point (no pun intended) I am trying to make is that if I am doing something incorrectly she will not notice and therefore not correct me.