Ballet Talk for Dancers

Swan Lake music help...!!

Guest Luv2DancePointe

Guest Luv2DancePointe

I need to know the title of the part in Swan Lake that is in Center Stage. Ya know, the part where they link arms and do a step accross the floor, that I don't know what it's called, then they do sous sous passe (switch) sous sous pase, achappe X 4. blah blah. I hope someone can figure out what I'm talking about!! I am trying to download the song, but all I can come up with is the Waltz part (not right) and the Suite part (not right either). if you know please help!!

• Administrators

Sounds to me like the dance of the 4 Little Swans. I don't remember from the movie, but your description sounds like it might be that music.

I don't recall it, but I saw Center Stage awhile ago; what you're describing sounds curiously like the pas de quatre of the four little swans. I believe it's in the score as "danse des petits cygnes"

Guest Luv2DancePointe

Yes! that's exactly it!! So, what is it called? Four Little Swans?

Thanx so much!!

P.S. I think there is a little blurb of it in Center Stage. But maybe I'm thinking of a different ballet movie...?

It's a very popular dance. Many people are familiar with it, although they may not know anything else about ballet. They can correctly identify that this dance is from Swan Lake!

• Administrators

That's what we are here for :) Glad we could help and you could find it so quickly!