Ballet Talk for Dancers
Xena

Adult Summer Intensives- a list

bailarina2697

Fraildove,

that would be lovely can you send it to me?

Fraildove

I see that you don’t have PM privileges yet. Can you send me an email @

info@southmsballet.org

and I will send it to you. Then I can take my email down from there. Thanks!

colas

The workshop at the San Francisco Ballet School is not for people without ballet technique. Participants must be able to perform center combinations. 

By contrast, the Sun King Dance Camp in Richmond, Virginia, offers a beginners level in June, 2019. I myself have routinely attended the August camp without a beginner level. 

colas

I can speak about Sun King. There are many levels. The June camp has a beginner level. If you do not want to dance from 9 am to 6 pm, then you may sign up for a ballet only program or a partial program at Sun King. I have always signed up for the full program. Nevertheless, there have been times when I have asked to be excused from some classes because of acute pains. My requests to be excused have always been accepted. The leadership does not want participants to experience injuries requiring medical or surgical intervention.

colas

The National Ballet of Cuba offers an international ballet workshop from 9 am to 1 pm for the first two weeks of July. Apparently the studios lack air conditioning so one sweats. I myself have never been to Cuba. Can Americans legally participate in this program? I can speak a little Spanish. 

What are the classes like? What are the levels of the classes? Are adults welcome to this program? Is room and board provided?