• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colas

• Redbookish

• Clara 76

• gimpydancer

I see that you don’t have PM privileges yet. Can you send me an email @

info@southmsballet.org

and I will send it to you. Then I can take my email down from there. Thanks!

The workshop at the San Francisco Ballet School is not for people without ballet technique. Participants must be able to perform center combinations. 

By contrast, the Sun King Dance Camp in Richmond, Virginia, offers a beginners level in June, 2019. I myself have routinely attended the August camp without a beginner level. 

I can speak about Sun King. There are many levels. The June camp has a beginner level. If you do not want to dance from 9 am to 6 pm, then you may sign up for a ballet only program or a partial program at Sun King. I have always signed up for the full program. Nevertheless, there have been times when I have asked to be excused from some classes because of acute pains. My requests to be excused have always been accepted. The leadership does not want participants to experience injuries requiring medical or surgical intervention.

The National Ballet of Cuba offers an international ballet workshop from 9 am to 1 pm for the first two weeks of July. Apparently the studios lack air conditioning so one sweats. I myself have never been to Cuba. Can Americans legally participate in this program? I can speak a little Spanish. 

What are the classes like? What are the levels of the classes? Are adults welcome to this program? Is room and board provided?

• 1 year later...

Here's the link to a new adult ballet camp In France 

www.morlaixballetcamp.wordpress.com

Based on the Finnish camp Sammatti Dance that had its last edition last year, same concept, partially the same teacher but in a different country. It's the 1st edition in France. 

• 7 months later...
StormTrouper
On 2/20/2018 at 10:04 AM, FuzzyAnkleWarmers said:

I've had my eye on the programs by Maple Conservatory in Orange County and the adult retreat at Pacific Arts in San Diego. Does anyone have experience with the adult programs in either of these places?

I'm also aware of Sun King's Richmond workshops of course, which is also a tertiary option.

Charles Maple has for several years offered a terrific adult intensive (Sunday afternoon through Friday).  Sun King has been inactive at Vancouver WA, so Maple’s is the only program being offered on the west coast.  There’s a hotel within walking distance and a motor hotel with a pool for Ubering to/from.  John Wayne Airport.  Good program with excellent teachers and facilities.  5 thumbs up.

Edited by Miss Persistent
Removed unrelated quote content