Ballet Talk for Dancers

Boston Conservatory Summer Intensive

Guest Aurelie

Guest Aurelie

Does anyone know anything about this program. From their website I understand that the intensive is for dancers 16 and over and the program can be taken for either 3 weeks or 6 weeks. If anyone has any more information or has attended this program please let me know. Thanks.

Aurelie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bcdancer

Hey!

I just read your message about the Boston Conservatory. That's where I am planning on going this summer. You don't need to audition and the housing provided is dorms. At the end of the program there is a performance open to the public. I think the cost is around $1,400.00. In pointe magazine they did a feature on all the different summer programs and there are tons to choose from (most cost a little less). But anyway, you have to print out the application from the website andd send it in w/ 2 letters of reccomendation(1 from your dance teacher and one from anybody else that knows you well), along w/ $50. You need to have taken at least a year of recent ballet lessons to get into the beginner class, 2 years for intermediate, and 3 for advanced. Hope I helped a little. Good luck!:)

-liz

p.s. if you decide to go or if you find out anything else, please lemmy know. thanx

Guest Aurelie

bcdancer,

Yeah, I got my pointe magazine yesterday. I spent 30 min crossing out all the programs that i'm too old for. lol I narrowed my choices down to two. Boston Conservatory and Anaheim Ballet. I would go to Adult Ballet Camps but it's way too short. I want something thats three weeks long. Boston is really expensive. For me Anaheim looks good because I live in Cali and won't have to pay for a plane ticket. Which session will you go to for Boston, or will you go for all six weeks. They need to finnish their website soon. Good luck, and If I decided to go to Boston I'll let you know.

Aurelie

Guest bcdancer

hey its liz again-

i just read your last message. So I'm definitely going to the first program (june-July). I would love to take all 6 weeks @ The BC but it would be so much money. Anyways, have you been dancing long? I'm 18 and this is only my first year taking ballet, but I love it! Yeah BC def. needs to update their site I had to call to make sure the info hadn't changed or anything. Well anyways I guess I'll talk to ya later. C-ya Liz