Ballet Talk for Dancers

Confidence

Guest Punkychic

Guest Punkychic

I have been dancing since i was 3. But due to the fact that i hadn't been at any remotely serious dance schools i found myself really behind in techinque. I love dance but because i am always in classes with young girls and am behind i lack a lot of confidence. Dancing isn't something i view as a career just a fun pass time and something i would love to improve in. So basically i am just looking for advice in improvement and building some more confidence in my dancing.

This has a lot to do with the thread on Nerves and other threads we've addressed, but is subtly different, in that you earnestly wish to pursue ballet as a pastime, not a career option. That you want to be as good as you can possibly get in order to obtain maximum enjoyment is a praiseworthy thing!:) My advice to you is a lot like others I've given about stage and class nerves: Carry on regardless! (Hey, that sounds like an old British comedy movie!;) ) So everybody else in your class is a head shorter than you? Don't let it bother you! Just try not to step on anybody.;) It sounds like you've actively sought a good school, and that's excellent! Keep working hard, listen carefully to your teachers and just plain GO FOR IT! Vigorous participation is a key to both improvement and self-confidence! :)