Ballet Talk for Dancers

Guest Teacher

balletstar811

Dear Ms. Leigh,

I was flipping through my studio's brochure today, and I came upon the list of guest teachers, and there was your name! I dance at the Draper Center for Dance Education, (affiliated with the Rochester City Ballet); and I was wondering if you remember what year you came, I am simply curious! :) Thanks!

~Carli ;)

• Administrators

Yes, I have taught there a few times, balletstar :) Not sure what years, but it was late 80's, early 90's, last time I think '93. I knew you were from there when you posted about your director winning YAGP award last year!

I think that is so cool! I hope you come teach again soon, I would love to meet you! :)

• Administrators

Thank you, balletstar, I would like to do that :) Or, maybe you can attend a Washington Ballet Summer Program. We have had several students from your school in the past.

Well that would be nice, but..... well, I don't know if I am good enough to get in. My extensions.... :)

• Administrators

Well, you will never know unless you try :) Are you auditioning for any Summer Programs?

I am not quite sure yet. It is hard since Draper has a very intensive summer program in August, for four weeks everyday (except Sat. and Sun.). We dance for around eight hours per day (well, for my level), so there's a summer intensive right there, yet there's all that time from June to August without dancing. It depends on the dates for other summer programs. However, I am cautious, because Tim and Jamie (lead teachers) do not recommend us going away unless we are in the Professional Division (level 6). So I don't know what to do.