Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mien

American Contemporary Dance Schools

Guest mien

Hi people!!!

I've got a question:

Is it possible to get some information about schools in America where contemporary dance is trained??? Because I'm European it's kind a difficult to find the right information just on the web, I hope someone can help me...

I'm searching for some school like the one of Martha Graham.

Another question :confused: because I'm Europian I'm wondering whether there is any kind of organisation who helps foreign dancers finding the right school and things like that...

THANKS

xxxnull

Mel Johnson

Hi, mina, and welcome to the Young Dancers' Forum here at Ballet Talk on Ballet Alert! Online!

I'm going to check around for a way for you to get information on contemporary dance in the United States, but in the meantime, you could search using your browser and use the search term "modern dance", as that is the more familiar term in the US. I know that the US State Department used to accredit schools for study by students from other nations, but I don't know if they still do that. Perhaps you could contact the US Embassy in Brussels for a contact to the US Information Agency; they tend to handle information like that. :(

Guest mien

Thanks a lot, you were right!!!!!!!!!!! I find a lot more information on the internet using the term 'modern dance'!! :(:rolleyes:

xxx