Ballet Talk for Dancers

ceiling fans

Guest Medora

At the school I just began taking Saturday classes at there are two huge ceiling fans. They turned them on after barre, and before they did it I thought the room was warm and comfortable. When they turned them on, I froze! I am very cold natured and I sweat a lot so I was uncomfortable. I have only been there one Saturday but would it be rude of me as a new comer to ask the teacher if she could please turn the fans off or down if I get cold? It's strange, none of the other kids in the class were sweaty at all, in fact, they seemed to enjoy it, but I was cold, and after all, it is the middle of winter!

• Administrators

Medora, I think, since you are still very new there, you will just have to deal with it for the moment. Obviously they are used to it. Some of your problem with it may have been that it was the first time and you were nervous, which would make you sweat more and then feel the cooler air more. Try to just ignore it for the time being.