Ballet Talk for Dancers

London Meet?

Guest beckster

Guest beckster

Ballet-alerters unite! It's been tried before, but let's have another attempt. Prove that people who like ballet and who post on internet bulletin boards aren't all weirdos. Who fancies meeting up for Danceworks Sunday beginners class followed by an afternoon in the pub? Or perhaps just the class or just the pub. Maybe early/mid March ... anyone up for it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kate B

• Mr Robin

• Xena

• skippy

Top Posters In This Topic

beckster - an excellent idea! Meeting other balletalerters has been a very good thing! I'm up for it, I've been trying to get out of bed on time for that class for ages, and something like that would certainly motivate me! Although I'm not sure what weekends I'm free in March for an official one, perhaps we could also make it an informal kind of arrangement after that if all goes well.

Blimey - I'd given up hope of a London meet actually happening! I'm up for it definitely, though my schedule for March is t.b.c. at the moment...

Provisionally sounds good to me - just how early is that class, bearing in mind I need to get up from Bristol :)

Tracey

Guest beckster

The class is 1pm till 2.30, I think. Plenty of time to get there from Bristol. It will be a bit steep for non-danceworks members, since you will have to buy a day membership which is £2 on a Sunday. And then the class costs £6. I mention this so that people know what to expect before committing themselves.

I am up for it if i manage to get time off. It would be good to put faces to names. I wont know until the 20 Feb what i will be working in March but as soon as i know i will be online.

Skippy:D

Can't do the 9th, unfortunately. but looks like I could do the 16th... Any good?

People! A word of caution - this should be OK if we plan, but I tried to go to the class yesterday. I got there at ten to one, and it was full up, so I couldn't dance! I don't know if you can book places in advance or whether you have to turn up much earlier. I think when I went to a Sunday class before it was an absolutely gorgeous summer's day so obviously too hot for the underground cave they call a studio... so it wasn't very busy. But yesterday I wasn't the only disappointed Renato-fan getting turned away!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still up for the meet, or is this attempt also doomed to failure?!

Guest beckster

The 9th is still free for me, but I've got friends visiting on the 16th. If everyone else can meet on the 16th I don't mind being left out! However, if london people can make it to class on the 9th, we could have an informal/trial run to check whether it will be worth it for those who have to travel. I'd really like it if we could have a meet in a few months which Xena could come to!

Not going to happen for me this time :D . I do so want to meet you guys but I have £minus due to large bill on car repairs, upcoming MOT and 2 new tyres required (blasted things are perfectly OK apart from they've got nails in them)!!

I will definitely try to make the next one.

Tracey

Looks like it's just Beckster and Kate, then! Oh well, better luck next time...