Ballet Talk for Dancers

Nutmeg

Guest TPMDdancer

Guest TPMDdancer

I recently auditioned for the Nutmeg Conservatory Summer Program, and got in. I really enjoyed the audition, and checked out the survey posted on balletalert, which seemed to give it a very good review. However, I still don't know very much about the program, since I don't know anyone who has ever gone there. What is known about the program, and would any of the teachers here at balletalert recomend it to their students?:cool:

Guest nicoledancer

I had a friend that went to nutmeg twice she really enjoyed it and she improved alot i think that teachers would deffinatly recomend it because you improve alot there and it is really good training! HTH

• Administrators

Welcome to Young Dancers, TPMDdancer :P

I have heard very good things about Nutmeg, and they have a wonderful facility. I'm sure you will have a great time there :o

last summer at the joffrey workshop san antonio, eleanor d'antuono was one of the teachers. as far as i know, she will be teaching at nutmeg this summer. she was my favorite teacher at teh workshop. i was recommended the program by Joffrey students who spoke very highly (and sentimentally) of her. when i came back, i told one of my teachers that she was there and he started reminiscing of a swan lake production, in which she was absolutely beautiful. recently i was discussing nutmeg with my other teacher, and she told me about how eleanor fought her way to principal status without perfect feet and legs, among many perfect dancers, because she could do it. i didnt know anything about her until last summer, but every person to whom i mention her name has endless amounts of praise for her, and i have become one of them. i hope you enjoy the SI!

Guest TPMDdancer
:) thank you ao much. It sounds like a great program, and all of you have really helped me. Now, I can feel more secure in my decision if I chose to go there! :)
  • 2 weeks later...

I was Just wondering when u got your letter becaurs when i auditon for Nutmeg then never told me when we should get are about how many weeks?

• Administrators

Hello lildancingchick722, welcome to Ballet Alert! Online, and the Young Dancers' forum :)

I do not know how long Nutmeg takes in getting their letters out,and every school handles that differently. Just hang in there and be patient, I'm sure it will come soon :)

Please do not use acronyms and abbreviations like "u" for you, and other forms of computer speak or teen speak on Ballet Alert. We have posters from all over the world here, and they read and write English as a second language. We try to write it so that everyone can clearly understand what we are saying:)

Guest TPMDdancer

Well, I don't know when your audition was, but I got my letter last month. They said they registration form should be in by the 15 of february, which was yesterday. I would assume they would send letters to both those who got in, and those who diddn't, so I'm not exactly sure what you diddn't a letter yet. Since mine came pretty soon after the audition, I think they are pretty prompt about the letters. I guess you might want to call them, unless anyone else reccomeds otherwise. Well, good luck! I hope to see you there!;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted everyone to know that I did get my letter and did not make it in, but it does not matter beacuars i will be going some where eles that I really wanted to go!!:)

Guest TPMDdancer

Well, that always sucks. I diddn't get in everywhere I wanted to get into eighther. Sometimes, its not just that they ddiddn't think you were good enough, but they diddn't see you. For instance, last year, I got into the Rock, but this year, I diddn't. I don't think I got any worse, but I was in a older age groupe. Anyway, This sounds really stuck up. :D Anyway, where are you going to go this summer? I'm sure you'll absolutely love it!:cool:

Thank you for that advice! I will be going to Orlando/Southern ballet! I hope you make it somewhere too!:D

I am really excited aobut going it will be my frist SI!

Guest PBYBallet

I went to nutmeg last summer and I had an incredible time! Mrs. D'antuano does teach at nutmeg, not only in the summer but during the year as well! She is nutmegs ballet mistress. She wasn't, however, my favorite teacher. If you have any specific questions about nutmeg feel free to ask me!

Guest TPMDdancer

Well, lildancechick, congradulations on getting into Orlando/ Southern Ballet. I've heard some really good things about it. Oh, and congradulations on your first SI! This will be my second (away from home) and I probably have some idea how you feel. Just have fun! And work hard, of course. Oh, and PBY Ballet, I'm really glad I finally found someone who went to Nutmeg last year! I've sent in my regestration already, so I'm going. Now I have someone to bombard with questions! OK, my first question: at the audition, both teachers were definitely Russian, and had very strong accents. Not that there's anything wring with it, in fact I think that is really cool, but are all the teachers like that? I just want to be prepared. Also, I seemed to get the impression from the brochure that there are night classes available. Is this true? Did many people take them? And how exactly did the end performance work? Well, thats enough bombarding for today! Thanks for your help!