Ballet Talk for Dancers

Toe pointing

Guest dance4life87

Well, what's wrong with your point? Doesn't the foot point all the way? Do you sickle? Do weird bones start to poke out of strange places when you point your foot? We need some specifics to work with here, since we can't see you.

• Administrators

DancingDuck, I know you are new here, but there is a topic at the very top of the Young Dancers' forum that says IMPORTANT, Please Read BEFORE Posting. Please do this. Thank you. Mr. Johnson has been extremely patient, but it is quite obvious that you have not read the things you need to read to function on this board.

Guest dance4life87

thank you dancing duck, but okay this is what is wrong... whenever I dacne at the bar I'm at the big one against the wall without the mirror in front of me. But today I pulled out the portable and in front of the mirror and I realized that my pointe isn't nearly as great as I thought. it looks horrible and I was like ooooh my gosh it's sooooo bad! so that would be it. And no sickling isn't a problem for me or the wierd bone thing.

• Administrators

It sounds like you need to start working big time with a theraband, dance4life. And of course more tendus, dégagés, pas de cheval, frappés, and elevés and relevés, all at the BARRE of course :) Even if one does not have lovely insteps, if one learns to really use and articulate the feet very, very well, one can improve the look considerably.