Ballet Talk for Dancers

Le ballet Trockadro de Monte Carlo

sugarplmfairy33

Hey~

I just saw Le Ballet Trockadro de Monte Carlo. It was so funny! (Its a troup of all male dancers pretending to be ballerinas. But they really could dance, on pointe and all!) Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen them, and what you thought of it!

I've got their video. I love how they exaggerate the ballerina stereotype. They came to Sydney last year but I didn't get to see them live, too much other stuff to do unfortunately.:)

I thought Sylphides was really funny too. I wasn't so keen on "The Dying Swan", it was funny at first but then I thought was too overdone. But to see men dance like that, funny and with what looks like bad technique (legs that won't work properly etc)- but is really good- on pointe made me laugh so much I was crying.:)

Me too! I didnt care for the dying swan. He just kept going on forever! He looked creepy too. Ya, there legs were never straight, so that kind of bugged me, but I still realy enjoyed it.:P

Guest dancergal

I LOVE them soooo much. They're so funny! I first saw them on some channel on TV. My mom had heard about them so we watched it together. After maybe 10 minutes I was rolling on the floor laughing my head off! Then I think last year they came to New York and we went to see them. Gosh. Let's just say I spent much more time laughing at the performance than watching.

They're a very perceptive group. Odd details we scarcely notice at ordinary ballet performances get parodied and we recognize them as being from a given ballet or performer. "The Dying Swan" parody, for example, is a takeoff on Plisetskaya (and the people who copy her in that role) who always seemed to be bourréeing in a pronounced demi-plié.